- Geico provides auto insurance cheaper than other companies except for USAA.
- You can easily get auto insurance through their website or mobile app. Geico is just awesome for online users who are good with technology.
- Geico has become the second-largest nationwide insurance company in 2016.
- You can shop around and compare quotes to know if cheaper premiums are available.
Geico was established in 1963 as Government Employees Insurance Company targeting Government employees initially. The company had many investors including Warren Buffet. In 1995, Berkshire Hathaway (owned by Warren Buffet) became the parent company of Geico Insurance with strong backing. Geico was one of the companies which started offering insurance through their website as early as 2004. They have managed to make it easy to get car insurance directly from their website. The company has grown since to become the second-largest insurance company under Berkshire Hathaway.
- Complaints against Geico are lower compared to the total premiums written for a company of its size.
- Geico Web and mobile applications have many features compared to other insurance companies and you will find it easy to get an insurance policy or file a claim online.
- Remarkable customer satisfaction rating.
- The premium may go high if you have a low credit score or if you had a past at-fault accident.
- It is difficult to find a local agent providing Geico insurance.
Coverages Offered by Geico
Geico offers all the typical coverage options including liability coverages, medical coverages, uninsured motorist coverages, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage. In addition to this, they also provide the following coverage types.
- Emergency Road Service
- Rental Reimbursement
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
Geico has a variety of discounts for car insurance based on your driving history, vehicle equipment, etc.
Driving History: If you have a clean driving history with no accidents in the last five years, you can get a discount of up to 26% on your car insurance premium.
Vehicle Equipment: Save up to 40% on your insurance premium if you have equipped your car with airbags for driver seat or the entire front row, anti-lock braking system, Anti-theft system. You can also earn a discount if your car model is not older than 3 years.
Federal Employee and Military: If you are a federal employee (retired or active), you are eligible for an 8% discount on the insurance premium. If you have served in the military, you will get a 15% discount on your insurance premium.
Multiple Vehicle Discount: You can get up to a 25% discount if you insure more than one vehicle in your policy.
How Much It Costs
Geico provides the cheapest car insurance compared to other insurance companies except for USAA (available only for military). However, the insurance premium may vary based on location, driving history, coverages & limits, and many other factors.
You can always compare quotes from multiple companies to know who offers the cheapest premium for your required amount of coverage.
Free Quote Comparison
Save up to 50% on car insurance. Compare rates from over 200+ companies and get quotes from a car insurance agent near you.
Geico has come in top among car insurance companies in the Brand Keys customer loyalty engagement Index.
According to a study by J.D. Power, Geico ranks highest among large auto insurers in customer satisfaction rating.
NAIC complaint index is only 0.81 for Geico which is lesser than the national average.
More About Geico
Website: You can learn more about Geico from their official website. You can know more about Geico, get an online quote from the website, and has several features to help with several activities like renewing, claiming, etc.
Mobile App: You can do pretty much everything you will ever need related to car insurance using their mobile application.